Whelen Howler Siren System
The Whelen Howler Low Frequency Tone Siren is an effective added layer of warning for intersections and high risk areas when used with your 100/200 watt siren amplifier. The Howler provides deep, low frequency tones, which are able to penetrate other vehicles, alerting drivers and pedestrians of your approach. Lower frequency reverberating tones are better able to penetrate other vehicles, alerting drivers to the presence of the oncoming emergency vehicle.
The Howler is not a replacement to the vehicle’s primary siren. The Howler is an excellent add-on to any 100-200 watt warning siren such as the Whelen 295SL Series, but it also works with most other siren amplifiers. Howler adds a minimum eight second penetrating burst of low frequency siren sound for use in heavy traffic, intersections or other high ambient noise conditions. Works with any sweeping tone, plus Hi/Low and electronic mechanical tone generated by the primary siren. The Howler low-frequency tones are synchronous with your primary siren tones to penetrate high noise, high traffic situations. The Howler Siren Amplifier module uses the primary siren speaker output wires and divides the frequency down to one of four tone styles.
Built-in timer limits overexposure time to operator. Operators are advised to wear approved hearing protection. Comes standard with two separate external cancel controls. A positive or negative activation will cancel the tone. The Howler system includes speakers specifically designed for use with the Howler amplifier only. The Howler system will include one or two of these speakers depending upon the vehicle application.
- Howler is an add-on to any 100/200 watt siren amplifier and is not a replacement to the vehicles primary siren
- Uses low frequency tones to synchronize with the vehicles primary siren tones
- Includes low frequency siren amplifier and speaker(s)
- Works with any sweeping, Hi/Low, or electronic mechanical tones generated by the primary siren
- Includes 8 different tone durations, 7.5-60 seconds
- Uses the primary siren speaker output wires and divides the frequency to one of three frequency bands via dip switch. Selections are 1/4 tone 1/2 tone, or a composite of both
- Includes two external cancel controls. Choose from 12 volt or ground deactivation
- Certain vehicle models may utilize single or dual speaker systems
- 2 year warranty
- Output: 16 amps @ 200 watts with 2 speakers
- 8 amps @ 100 watts with 1 speaker
- Speaker Weight: 8 lbs. (3.63kg)